What is Youth Excel? Youth Excel is a leadership program developed in 1997 by the Midwest City Chamber of Commerce. The three-day course provides students with the opportunity to participate in job shadowing, team building, leadership enhancement and communication skills. The goals of Youth Excel are to:
- Identify individuals who have potential leadership qualities and help further develop that potential.
- Acquaint participants with community needs, resources and
- Provide opportunities for interaction with community leaders and decision makers.
- Instill leadership skills in participants.
- Exhibit leadership potential
- Commit to attend and participate in the entire program
- Submit a completed application
- Participate in the interview process
What is the cost?
The participants are not responsible for any costs. Community organizations, businesses, and grants provide funding for meals, fees, and materials for the Youth Excel program.
What are the program dates?
Mentorship: Each student participating in Youth Excel will spend half of a day during the week of February 11 – February 15, 2019 in a shadowing experience with a community business person.
Tuesday, February 5, 2019 from 5:45 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Orientation)
Tuesday, February 26, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 5, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
One hundred percent attendance is required of each participant. To make sure you do not have unavoidable conflicts, please compare your schedule with ALL dates before completing your application.
The 2019 application deadline was January 4, 2019. Applications were made available online.
A grant scholarship will be awarded to at least one Youth Excel participant upon their high school graduation.