2018 Program Dates: TBA
What is Youth Excel?
Youth Excel is a leadership program developed in 1997 by the Midwest City Chamber of Commerce. The two-day course provides students with the opportunity to participate in job shadowing, team building, leadership enhancement and communication skills. The goals of Youth Excel are to:
- Identify individuals who have potential leadership qualities and help further develop that potential.
- Acquaint participants with community needs, resources and
- Provide opportunities for interaction with community leaders and decision makers.
- Instill leadership skills in participants.
- Exhibit leadership potential
- Commit to attend and participate in the entire program
- Submit a completed application with references
- Participate in the interview process
What is the cost?
The participants are not responsible for any costs. Community organizations, businesses, and grants provide funding for meals, fees, and materials for the Youth Excel program.
- Obtain a Youth Excel application from your school counseling office, from the Midwest City Chamber of Commerce located at 5905 Prosper Blvd., or by download (when made available for 2018).
- Return the completed application with unopened references to your counseling office or the Chamber of Commerce by Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
- You will be notified by the Chamber of Commerce in September/October for your interview.
A grant scholarship will be awarded to at least one Youth Excel participant upon their high school graduation.